As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Perhaps a Little Nesting

Everyone says that expectant moms "nest" before their babies arrive, but I think I now have proof that fathers-to-be "nest" too. Jason got motivated to do some yardwork this weekend, so here is a picture of our progress. As you can see, we planted a bed in front of the entrance with knock-out roses and angelonia (or "Angelina Jolie," as Jason calls them). There is so much to be done in our yard that it's hard to get excited about the baby steps, but at least the entry looks a little more inviting!

Last Sunday, Jason and James dug up the old mailbox (and the foot-long concrete slab that accompanied it) and installed our new mailbox, complete with numbers and a wood post. It was no small feat in the June heat, but I think it looks much nicer.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Everything looks great! I'm soooo proud!

Love,

Grumpy