As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

You Know You Woke Up Too Early When...

you dress your toddler in your infant's clothes.
When I went to pick Hallie up from school yesterday, she looked strange. And then I realized: she was wearing Sara's pants. That's right. Purple pants that looked like capris, white socks, and brown shoes. She was quite a sight.
I didn't see this ensemble until yesterday afternoon because my sweet dad came and stayed with Hallie, dressed her, and took her to school while we went to the hospital with Sara. Apparently when I laid out Hallie's outfit yesterday morning at the crack of dawn, I got a little confused.
The funniest part of this, though, was Miss Toni's reaction this morning. When I mentioned to her that Hallie's pants yesterday were actually her sister's, she howled. She told me that when Hallie arrived yesterday, she looked at herself in the mirror, and "that color was workin' for her." Hallie reportedly very much liked her look, and Miss Toni had her strutting down the hallway (which Miss Toni demonstrated for me). Miss Toni says that Hallie is America's Next Top Model.
The lesson here: Hallie likes tight pants. This does not bode well for the future.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

oh, that is too much, Anita!! You guys deserve some much-needed rest. We'll continue to pray for all of you. (and get those grandparents to watch some kiddos!!)

Heather said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! At least it was your toddler who didn't know to be embarrassed. In the past month I've 1) walked to a patient's room in flip flops and dress clothes (I was on call and had been getting ready in the bathroom and 2)showed up to Sara's baptism with my shirt on wrong side out. Awesome.