As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Friday, March 20, 2009

A Little Bipolar

My Sara is the snuggliest little thing in the whole wide world. With her extremely kissable cheeks, she's just plain fun to cuddle with. She also smiles and coos at me all the time. Unless, of course, it's between the hours of midnight and 5:30 am, at which time she is M-A-D. At me, Jason, and at the rest of the world. Just consider yourself warned: these days, we have a little werewolf at our house.
We went for her followup appointment with the ENT today so he could look at her tubes. He explained that a lot of people and babies hurt more at night, have higher fevers at night, etc. He said this is because our body's natural steroids are produced at lower levels at night. I don't know if that's true or not, but it certainly explains how Sara can be all kinds of upset about 5 am and then ready to play and grinning from ear to ear at 6:30 am. Her "steroids" have ramped up then, I guess.
Anyway, her ears are looking better (she was diagnosed with ANOTHER ear infection on Wednesday and has been on an antibiotic and ear drops ever since), so that is encouraging. Maybe the nighttime blues will subside too--one can dream, anyway.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm sure glad I've gotten her during the day and yes, she is absolutely THE snuggliest baby I've ever been around. On Wednesday she put her little face against mine and I literally melted. In a puddle on the floor. She may very well have me wrapped around her little finger like her big sister ;)