As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Definite Ideas

My girls have strong opinions, which is not at all shocking. But sometimes their expressions of those opinions crack me up.
The other day Jason was getting Hallie dressed for school when I overheard her say, "Eat a cookie?" Jason said, "No, we're not going to eat a cookie for breakfast." Hallie's response (in a really sweet voice), "But I want one."
To his credit, Jason did not cave and give her the cookie. But boy does Hallie know her audience!
I got a call from the day care yesterday afternoon. They wanted to know if they could give Sara some more food. I must have sounded confused, because the teacher explained that she had already eaten both of her bottles and two containers of baby food, which is her allotted amount of food each day at school. But when another baby got to eat later in the afternoon, Sara apparently pointed at the food and screamed until they gave her some.
Of course I told them to give her some more food, which Jason said was all over her face when he picked her up. But hey--she was happy.

1 comment:

The Groves said...

Oh I laughed out loud at this one. That little girl can eat and I love it! Everytime we just sat her in her booster seat last weekend she got so excited. I can just picture her doing that at daycare.