As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dangerous Arts & Crafts

The school called me at work on Monday. Since it was Sara's first day back in a week, I groaned and answered the phone, assuming she was being sent home sick again. But no, it was a call about Hallie.
While Miss Toni was cutting pieces of popsicle sticks for an art project, she accidentally dropped one on the floor. So Hallie picked it up and put it in her nose. Far up her nose. So far, in fact, that it got stuck.
So, I left work with my tweezers and went to the school, where I performed minor surgery to remove the piece of wood from Hallie's nose. To Hallie's credit, she laid completely still and let me get it out, and it took quite a little while. Hallie said, "Thank you, Mommy." She got up and was ready to play.
Hallie needs to just stick to kick ball--it's much safer than art projects!

No comments: