As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lessons from my Shopping Trip

1. My younger daughter is not lacking for lung power. Her new nickname is Ethel Merman.

2. Some people in the checkout line don't read signals that you have your hands full with your fussy infant and don't really want to discuss how loudly their baby cries by comparison.

3. A twenty minute ride home can seem like a forty-five minute ride with a screaming infant.

4. A milkshake from Chick-fil-A is an excellent coping mechanism on said ride home.

5. As frustrating and upsetting as a crying baby is, there will be a day when I will wish I could comfort her completely with a meal and some time in a rocking chair.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm laughing out loud - what a fun day for you!!! Wish I had been there ;)