As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Friday, August 29, 2008

I've Married a Political Junkie--I Mean, Genius

In light of today's likely announcement from Senator McCain, I have to give an amused shout-out to my husband, who endorsed Sarah Palin wholeheartedly back in June and has stuck by his pick despite negligible mention of her by the mainstream media. As you can imagine, he is thrilled with this morning's news and may be somewhat prone to gloating for the weekend.
I think this is an excellent pick for several reasons. Palin is the first female governor of Alaska. She is a likeable, young, pro-life, sharp mother of 5, who is somewhat of a maverick like McCain. She took on an entrenched incumbent Republican governor in Alaska and won in an upset. She appeals to women and to the Republican base all at once.
So, way to go, honey. You were right.

2 comments:

J. Head said...

IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS DAY! MCCAIN-PALIN '08!

Anita Kay said...

Did I mention he's a little nuts?