As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What does the doggie say?

Well, you'll just have to take my word for it because Hallie sure isn't going to show you...

But she woke up this morning saying, "Woof! Woof!" And when I asked her what the doggie says, she grinned and told me. She did this during breakfast, after her bath, while she got dressed... Of course, I called Gigi so that she could hear her brilliant granddaughter's latest trick, and as soon as Gigi answered Hallie stopped doing it. (In case anyone has any doubts, this refusal to perform when asked is absolutely classic Aunt Melissa. I have the videos to prove it.)

I have told Hallie that people are going to stop believing me when I tell them about things she does if she keeps refusing to show them to anyone else, but she smiled and didn't seem all that concerned. At least I have her teachers to back me up--Miss Alexis confirmed that when she asked Hallie where the dog was yesterday, she went straight to a picture of a dog on the wall of their room and pointed to it. And then Miss Alexis would say, "Woof! Woof!" and Hallie would crack up. Apparently Hallie remembered their little game this morning.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

how fun! rest assured that the refusal to speak/act on command is not unique to Hallie. both of ours will clam up or suddenly become shy when we tell others of all the great things they can do.

guess it's one of the blessings of parenthood. we get to experience these special moments :)