As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

"There's a Rumbly in My Tumbly..."

(The title would be a Pooh quote, for anyone who missed it...)

Sara has long since eclipsed her sister's gymnastics-in-utero. But, until tonight, I could not remember a time when she has hiccupped. This was particularly surprising to me, given Hallie's propensity for getting the hiccups. But Sara definitely got them tonight!

I realize this is not exciting news to anyone. But it has brought to my attention one fun benefit to having the girls so close together: it will be easy to see how alike and how different they are. It won't be hard to remember how Hallie did things--since it won't have been very long ago. And Sara will have her own preferences. We'll see if she gets attached to a blanket like her sister, if she sleeps well like her sister, if she is prone to allergies, if she dances whenever she hears music like Hallie does...

Little Sara, I can't wait to meet you and learn all your idiosyncracies!

4 comments:

Heather said...

James and I keep thinking that Sara is going to be worlds different from Hallie, but maybe the hiccups are a sign that we're gonna have another Hallie on our hands! I think that would be great! We think she's wonderful! :)

Heather said...

Of course, if Sara is nothing like Hallie we'll love her just as much!Just wanted to clear that up...

Courtney said...

awe, this is so exciting! can't wait to meet little Sara Frances :) I'm sure she & Hallie are gonna be SO close, what a blessing!

Duski said...

I love the way you are spelling her name...by the way! :)