As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hallie, Age 5

I had to complete a questionnaire about my firstborn for her teacher at her summer day school, and really there is just so much to say about her.  :)  But for posterity's sake, I thought it made sense to memorialize my observations about her at this point in her little life.  So, here's some of what I wrote to her teacher:

Describe your child's personality.
vivacious, occasionally insecure, precocious, curious, impulsive, social

What are your child's likes and dislikes?
loves music, drawing (unless she thinks she's doing a poor job), writing, the Fresh Beat Band, talking, being silly, dessert!, the color green--although she recently "changed" her lifelong fave to purple  :)
dislikes bananas, quiet, being bored

Is there anything of which your child is afraid?  (storms, dark, or clowns?)
all of the above?  :)  Hallie inherited her mother's fear of storms, the dark, and anything else remotely scary, but she is pretty reasonable and can be talked off the ledge.

Is there any family experience ... that might have an effect on the child's behavior?
just the shift from center of our world when she arrived to big sister to 2 little ones so soon thereafter--she craves grownup attention at home or school, so she will want to be all about what the teacher is doing--this can be a good thing, although it's a little exhausting.


I think this just about covers my big girl.  (It's sort of like writing an autobiography in places.)  I can't wrap my mind around the fact that she starts "big school" in a month.  Really.  I can't process it at all.  But I guess I have a few weeks to think about it....aaagh!

No comments: