As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week in Review

Well, I've been a little lax in my posting this week.  We are still here--just not up to anything extraordinary.  That said, there is the usual chaos to report, so here's a little recap for the friends and family who are kind enough to care about our minutiae...

1.  Last night as the girls were going to sleep Jason and I overheard Sara calling out names like she had the mic at a square dance and Hallie inserting those names into "He's Got the Whole World," which she was singing with gusto.

2.    Tonight I observed my girls with their dolls (and incidentally, I love to watch them take care of their dolls--I don't think I ever really played with dolls like they do), and noticed that Hallie's dolls are always going somewhere.  Usually to the store, but occasionally she'll throw in the beach or some other adventure.  Sara?  Her babies are always having a bottle and going night-night.  With blankies, of course. 

3.  Brooks (or "Brooksie," if you're Sara) went with me to choir practice last night.  He was perfectly behaved and really seemed to like the music.  He fussed only once--between songs.  As long as there was noise, he was quite content.  Of course, there IS always noise in his world...  Anyway, that will be his first and last adult choir rehearsal since he'll be old enough to go to the nursery next week.  Glad he made such a good impression.

4.  Brooks also went to school for the first (and second) time this week!  He happened to throw a total fit on his first day.  So much for good first impressions there.  Thankfully, his second day went far better, and I like his teacher very much.

5.  We are having showdowns at bedtime these days.  If it's not one, it's another.  Sigh...

That's about it for us this week.  Other than digging our way out of the piles of artwork that our girls keep bringing home from school, of course.  If you can't find us, we're here underneath the paper-streamer windchimes and stained glass tissue paper windows.

1 comment:

Heather.aci said...

Ha! I love it! It's like "Night in Review" only much more wholesome! I can't wait to see those babies soon!