As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Monday, September 07, 2009

Shopping Trip

On Saturday of this gloriously-long weekend, Sara and Mommy went to Sam's. This was entirely uneventful except for one little realization: shopping with Sara is not like shopping with Hallie. And next time I'll really make the most of this fact. This time, though, I spent the trip telling Sara what we were buying, why the cars in the parking lot were crazy, and when we missed our turn.
And then, somewhere in the middle of Sam's, it hit me: Sara didn't care. She was happy to sit with her paci in her mouth, smile at her mommy, and check out the scenery. She didn't want an explanation of her surroundings in play-by-play fashion. Wow. I stopped my narration and just soaked in the silence for a few minutes. Bliss.
You know I love my Hallie Bug, who not only wants an explanation, but wants to give anyone and everyone HER idea of what we're doing and why. She completely cracks me up.
But I think I'm going to have to find some Mommy and Sara shopping time next Saturday, too...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah....you just wait until Sara can talk - she'll be the same way!