As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Monday, August 31, 2009

A Fall Festival Dilemma


For almost a week now--ever since I received the costume catalog in the mail--I have been debating about what my little cuties will be for their Fall Festival (in less politically-correct times, known as Halloween) parties at school.

(As an aside: While I see the viewpoint of those who decline to participate in these festivities due to the nature of the holiday, I can't see the harm in--and for that matter can't seem to resist--dressing my girlies as princesses, insects, or flowers and letting them eat a little chocolate candy. But, I digress.)

The real purpose of this post is to solicit help on the great dilemma of our day: Which Costume To Choose. I'd really love any suggestions. So, feel free to email me suggestions or post your comments here. Also, please remember two things: (1) Sara is highly unlikely to be amused by this whole deal and therefore even less likely to keep on any hat or headgear; and (2) I have zero desire to spend my life's savings on said costumes. Right now, I'm pondering the below possibilities...


8 comments:

Heather said...

I'm not sure whether the red thing at the bottom is a tomato or a strawberry, but Sara should definitely be that bc it's adorable! I really like the flower too - could they each be a different color? How fun!

P.S. I really hope you're saving these...on the off chance that we have girls one day!

The Groves said...

I'm hoping to find Charlie an Oscar the Grouch costume. Sara's mad face would be perfect for that outfit! Just kidding. I like the strawberry/tomato too. But princesses are always easy and fun.

kristin sullivan said...

is that a penguin?? i love that one!!

Mike Head said...

I like the flowers because they are sweet like the girls.
Nana

The Groves said...

Oh Nana, you are so cheesy!

Meredith said...

ok, wait...did you just add a new baby ticker on your blog with no mention of said ticker...sneaky sneaky!

Anita Kay said...

You are so astute, Meredith! I also sneakily changed the blog title... :)

agnolen said...

I just noticed a new blog title and ticker. Hooray! Congrats! Can't wait to hear more.