As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Jesus Golf Balls--I'm not kidding.

A writer on this blog has a good post about Christian retailing. It puts into words my long-time dread of "catchy" Christian logo t-shirts, bumper stickers, candy, etc. Please understand...I think some of these items can serve a purpose at Vacation Bible School and childrens' ministries.

However, I don't know too many Christians who became believers because of the bumper sticker on the car in front of them. And the point, for me, is this: many of these items seem to serve the believing purchaser more than the outside world they are purported to attract, and they too often substitute for the actual going, preaching, baptizing, and discipling Christians are commanded to do.

(Thanks to Courtney for sending me the link.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.