As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Perhaps I'll Blog In"steed" of Studying

I've been sitting in a bar review lecture all morning, so permit me a brief rant...

I'm sitting in my bar review course listening to a diminuitive man talk about all the bar exams he's passed. The man's job--his ENTIRE job--is taking multiple bar exams and analyzing what they contain so that he can help other people pass them. He has passed 15 bar exams at least, including the infamously difficult California bar. So, I presume (probably correctly) that he is some sort of scary-smart--the kind of smarty who reads law treatises on the weekends. And YET...

He pronounces "stead" as if it's "steed." An example: "Lorraine will come to the meeting in his steed."

I know this is minor. And I'm sure you've heard worse. (A certain preacher I know pronounces "measure," "treasure, " and "pleasure" in a way that would make a professional poker player noticeably cringe.) But it just seemed so out of place from this guy. And, even though he said it several times, no one else in the whole class appeared to notice.

Whew. Glad I got that out. I'll save my incredible story from Montgomery traffic for another post...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! At least he doesn't use the word irregardless or pronounce the word "quiet" like "quite". Study hard!!

CC said...

Did you notice how he pronounced "modern." OH MY GOSH it was so annoying! It sounded something like "moDERNa." It was so weird, I have never heard anyone say it like that.

Anita Kay said...

Don't forget "withdrawERal"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.