As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again

Aah, the wonderful feeling of lying in bed at 10:00 pm without a Bar Review book in hand. The insanity is officially over, and I'm experiencing life A.B. (After the Bar). And the grass looks greener, my dog is cuter, and even the frustration of my seventh flat tire in a year and a half seems a mild inconvenience in contrast to the past six weeks. As a parting farewell to my bar exam experience, though, I'd like to share my breaking point ... the moment when I knew it was really getting to me:
I was sitting in the drive thru at Jim N Nicks awaiting a delicious lunch about a week ago. And after I placed my (concededly large) order, I found myself wondering at what point in my drive thru transaction my contract to purchase barbeque became binding. Was the "offer" when I placed my order, and the "acceptance" when they told me they would deliver what I ordered? Or was the offer placed by them, when they advertised the combo for $7.00, and the acceptance my agreement to take what they advertised? And was my "promise" to pay at the window enough consideration for our contract to be binding, or was it an illusory promise, because I could back out at any time by driving past the window?
It didn't end there, but I'll spare you the gory details of my descent into absurdity. Thankfully, the girl at the window snapped me out of my fog just before I wandered into torts and contemplated the possible recovery if my barbeque contained small traces of poison.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.