As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Friday, February 24, 2006

We Win! (I think)

I am currently watching Curling for the first time, and I am fascinated. More amusing than the fact this is an Olympic "sport" is the fact that the teams have fans. I'm talking costume-wearing, cowbell-carrying, singing fans! I think this would make great material for a mockumentary, a la Best in Show. This is at least as funny a crowd as the dog show circuit.

I'm trying my best to figure out what is going on, but so far I'm quite confused. So, a few of questions for you Curling experts out there: What the heck is the point? Also, are the guys with the brooms/sticks/whatever you call them actually guiding where the rock is going? If so, how? And if not, why are they skating alongside and rubbing the ice in front of the rock? I would love some insight.

Oh, wow! As I'm writing this, it appears the USA team has secured the bronze medal, much to the excitement of their fans, who are clad from head to toe in the Stars and Stripes. Wonders never cease.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.