As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Debbie, What Have You Done???

I am a huge HGTV fan. I can be completely sucked in by just about any 30-minute fix-a-room show. But there is one great exception: any transformation performed by Debbie Travis. She has a show called "Painted House," in which she personally wreaks havoc on various rooms through obnoxious colors, mediocre murals, and stenciling. Today, for example, she has decided to revamp a sophisticated, though plain, loft into a Crayola box. She has painted a wall and a staircase bright orange. And now, before my very eyes, she is painting the floor of this loft with the same neon pallette. Someone, please, make her stop!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a home decorating show when I was flipping channels the other day -- it was TERRIBLE. The woman was attempting to redo a room by glueing red blinking strands of lights shaped like sunbursts on the wall. The fire dept. came in and told her she had to cover up the exposed wiring because it was a fire hazard. I don't know if it was Debbie, but I do know it was UGLY!

Anonymous said...

agreed. candace olsen, on the other hand...brilliant!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.