As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Saturday, October 01, 2011

We Came, We Ran, We Lived to Tell About it


Jason and I completed a 5K this morning.  Jason ran the whole thing!  I only ran about 2/3 of it, but considering my slack-off on training the past month or so, it could've been worse.  We survived--even if my legs feel like they may fall off any minute.

[Sidenote:  the fact that I am posting a no-makeup post-race picture of myself on the worldwide web has not escaped me.  Don't worry--I won't make a habit of it.]


The real star of the show, though, was Uncle James, who maneuvered through crowds, face painting, balloon animals, and live horses (!) with our crew while we ran.  This picture leaves a lot to be desired, but I had to capture the Babysitter Extraordinaire.  Thank you James!

2 comments:

Gigi said...

James Tate is my hero. I don't believe I have ever known a more generous friend.

And I am proud of you both for training and running the race:)

Heather said...

So proud of you guys!!!!