As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Recipe Swap

I sent the below email this morning and then realized that I have an even wider treasure-trove of brilliance in my friends and family who read this blog.  So, I'm inviting y'all to participate as well!  Please either email me or post a comment with your ideas, and I'll post the recipes in one (hopefully long and information-laden) blog post next week...

Hello!

Trying to make my weekly menu the last few weeks has had me really scratching my head for new ideas.  So, I thought I would ask some of my brilliant friends and family members if they would be so kind as to give me their go-to recipe ideas so I can add them to my repertoire.  If you're willing to play along, please reply with a quick-fix type of dinner recipe (kid-friendly is an extra plus) that you've made a few times.  Doesn't need to be anything fancy--in fact, simple is better.  Next week, I'll compile the replies and then send it out to everyone who sent a recipe so we can all have another recipe to use.  If you already know all the recipes you need to know and/or don't have time to play along, just delete this email and we'll pretend it didn't happen.  :)

Love to all of you!

AKH

4 comments:

Anna said...

Chicken Broccoli Casserole
2 cups chicken
8 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup Paremesan cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 pack frozen broccoli florets

Cook broccoli and put in casserole dish. In a pan, slowly heat milk and cream cheese until smooth. Add salt, garlic salt, and half of the parmesan cheese. Pour half of the sauce over the brocolli. Put the chicken on top and pour the rest of the sauce over it. Add remaining parmesan cheese. Cook 30 minutes at 350 degrees, uncovered. Enjoy!

Anna said...

Sausage Pasta
Bowtie pasta
Large can of diced tomatoes
small carton of whipping cream
4-5 italian sausages
Garlic

Remove sausage from casing and saute and crumble in frying pan with garlic. Add tomatoes and let simmer until bubbly-add cream and simmer 20-30 minutes. Boil pasta and pour sauce over it.

Anita Kay said...

Thanks, Anna!!

Ashley said...

Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
3 chicken breasts
Mexican velvetta (cubed)
rotel (drain)
can of mushrooms (drain)
Cream of chicken soup
angel hair pasta

Boil Chicken and shred. In a bowl combine velvetta, cream of chicken, rotel, mushrooms and shredded chicken. Place cooked noodles in the bottom of a 13 X 9 pyrex. Pour other ingredients on top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake on 350 for 30 minutes.