As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Learning Where We Stand

I am fortunate to be past the newborn-never-sleeping-I-may-lose-my-mind stage of parenting and into the only-occasional rocking of a teething or sick little one late at night (and losing my mind for altogether different reasons).  Tonight is one of those nights.  My little buddy is teething and woke up crying.  So I snatched the opportunity (or excuse) to go in and rock him back to sleep.  I smushed the two of us--me, with him stretching well across my midsection--into the glider in his room and snuggled with him until he was snoring again.

And as I rocked him, I discovered that he talks in his sleep.  The cutest little babble in his own language--except for one word:  "Arch."  He's talking to the dog in his sleep.  At least we know who's important around here.

No comments: