As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Project

One day I will learn to take "before" pictures.  Because when I tell you that Jason and I have spent two entire weekends working on this bed, that seems like a lot of time on what appears to be a simple bed.  Not so, I tell you.  Last Saturday was spent clearing out a bed jam-packed with dead azaleas, out of control holly bushes, prolific monkey grass, and roots and weeds all over the place.  We took out everything except the stumps of the holly bushes, which my favorite chainsaw operator, Grumpy, took down to nubs that are carefully masked by the plants and mulch.  We planted Cleyera against the house, with gardenia bushes in front of them (which smell heavenly!).  I added the begonias to the end today and planted a mandevilla in a pot on the porch.  We still have MUCH work to do elsewhere in the yard, but it's a step in the right direction.



2 comments:

The Groves said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see it in person.

Anita Kay said...

Thanks, Juju. :) Can't wait to see y'all!!!