As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Sunday, May 01, 2011

"My Dedication to this Venture Has Limits!"

My parents are on a weekend trip to the Smoky Mountains.  Below are excerpts from a text message exchange I had with my mother this morning.*

*Editor's Note:  I am not in the habit of publishing personal text messages to the worldwide web.  So, if you text me, do not fear that I will publicize your text message.  Unless, of course, it's extremely funny.  In which case I make no promises.

Mom:  We are about to leave on a hike.  Woohoo.  If you ever doubted that I love this man, take note.

Me:  ...I'm not even sure what to say about a "hike."  Do you own appropriate hiking attire?  :)

Mom:  Of course not.  I will be the best dressed on the trail.  And I am wearing makeup.  My dedication to this venture has limits!

Me:  Hilarious.  Make sure you wear earrings!

Mom:  Duh.



Happy early Mother's Day, Mom--don't kill me for posting this! 

No comments: