As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Monday, March 07, 2011

Movin' On Up

Brooks has promoted himself out of the baby room at church.  When I picked him up last week, one of the girls told me that he really seems to prefer the "big kid" room (which can consist of everyone who can walk up to age 4 sometimes).  I laughed and thought that was cute.

And then tonight when I took him in I saw what she meant.  He completely lost it when I took him into the nursery.  Buried his head into my shoulder and sobbed big crocodile tears.  After several unsuccessful attempts to calm him down, the same nursery worker grinned and said, "Watch this."  She took him from me, still sobbing, and walked across the hall.  The very instant that they entered the big kid nursery room, he stopped crying.  She sat him down in the middle of the floor, big kids running all around him, and he just grinned and soaked it in. 

She asked if it was ok if they left him with the big kids tonight, and not wanting him to spend the rest of the night distraught, I of course said yes.   When I went to get him after choir practice, I went into the big kid room where his sisters were, and there he sat, in a high chair, smack dab in the middle of the room.  Happy as a lark.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Of course, he is only happy in the middle of lots of action - Hallie and Sara have always been part of his world - bless his heart! So glad they are willing to let him be where he is happy:)