As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Happy Birthday, Brooks!


It's Little Man's birthday today!  I can't believe this cutie is one year old--and neither can his sisters, who burst into his room singing Happy Birthday to him this morning.  What a laid back, fun-loving delight he is (when he's not teething!).  In honor of the Big Day, I've composed a list of his favorite things--mainly so I'll be able to remember them, since my mind is slipping slowly but surely!

Brooks Loves...

1.  To grab everything.  If you are eating with him at a restaurant, estimate how far you think he can reach on the table and then clear everything one extra foot from that spot...just ask the folks at Cracker Barrel.  Likewise, if wearing jewelry, consider yourself warned.

2.  To be tickled, particularly by his daddy.

3.  His sisters.  I took him somewhere by himself recently (one of the rare times that's ever happened), and he kept leaning around his seat looking in the back of the van for the little loudmouths that normally occupy it.

4.  Messes.  I'm afraid he's more like Sara in this regard than Hallie...sigh.

5.  For Mommy and Daddy to be in the room with him.  All the time.

6.  Sugar.  The kid is going to turn into a carbohydrate.

7.  Television.  He's a boy, what can I say?

8.  Naps.  Thank goodness.

9.  Archie. 

10.  To Swing. 

Happy birthday to my sweet boy!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Brooks!!!

Gigi said...

We sure do love this"little" guy!