As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Freedom!

Before...
  
In Progress...

After!

Today was the Big Day!  Admittedly, the doc was a little hesitant about letting our girl go cast-free, but her mommy was a little insistent.  She is still going to wear a boot, but she can take it off to sleep, bathe, and swim.  So, yay!!  I don't think I'll be letting her go back to gymnastics for the next couple of weeks, which is going to be hard to explain to her but she's closer to being back to her normal vivacious little self.
Hallie was VERY excited about getting her cast off this morning, but she kinda fell apart when it actually happened.  I think she was freaked out by the way her leg felt when her cast was off, (not to mention the fact that she did not get a nap today and was completely exhausted) and she didn't expect how sore her knee would be from being stationary in a full leg cast for six weeks.  But, after a pretty hellacious afternoon, she seems to be doing better this evening, and I am hopeful that she will be back to herself relatively soon.  Today was a flashback to how fragile she was when she first got her cast, which took about two weeks to fully wear off.  I am REALLY crossing my fingers that maybe this flashback will be much shorter lived and she will adjust quickly to being without the cast.  I really think the boot will help with the transition, since it will give her some support when she's walking around but she can move and bend her leg without it when she's sitting and sleeping.

No comments: