As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Punkin Patch!

Well, we've been talking about it all week, and Punkin Patch day finally arrived at our house! Hallie started her day by announcing that she wanted to wear orange panties--"like the punkins!" She was so excited that she even stayed in her bed ALL night long, under the threat that only good sleepers were going to the pumpkin patch. :) (Hey, we'll try anything.) Our girls love their James and Heather.
Hallie loves scarecrows. So much so that I bought one tonight at Hobby Lobby just for her amusement.

Ok, so the coat's a little big. But she was very cute toddling all over the place. Sara has recently decided, consistent with her Miss Independent attitude, that she will walk everywhere. Good luck if you try to hold her!


Checking out the animals in the barn.

Sara was not in fact miserable, I promise...


See, she really was having fun!

On the hunt for a "tiny bitty orange one." And singing loudly, "Where, oh where, oh where, is Hallie's one?" over and over again.



On the hayride back to the farm.

"But I wanted the green tractor that little boy is on! Green is MY favorite!"
Overall, the Pumpkin Patch trip was a smashing success. Although I did have to apologize for our little group when a nice lady on the hayride told Hallie that she liked her shoes. Hallie's response: "They're not shoes, they're boots." Get it right, lady.

4 comments:

The Groves said...

"they're not shoes, they're boots"
Hilarious. At least she didn't call her "old lady" huh?
Sara looks adorable. I love that coat!
Oh and does H know that Charlie is going to be a scarecrow for Halloween?

Heather said...

I'd like to point out that Hallie also announced to everyone on the hayride that she wanted an "Orange punkin, like my panties!" That was quite possibly the highlight of the day for me.

Anita Kay said...

Juju, I have not told H about Charlie's costume. She will love it! You should totally bring it next weekend! :)

Courtney said...

awe, great Fall pics :)