As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Monday, May 05, 2008

First Steps

Our big girl took her first steps this weekend at Gigi and Grumpy's house! It was only a couple of steps, but we were very impressed. She did it again at Grandmother's house on Sunday, walking to Aunt Melissa. Of course, she isn't "walking" just yet--she'd much rather drop down and crawl. But she has shown she can do it and I'm sure she'll become more comfortable with it over the next few weeks.

The really great news: she'll have plenty of time to perfect her new talent by the time Sara arrives on the scene. Hallelujah!

UPDATE: Miss Evelyn tells me that Hallie took seven steps in a row yesterday and then four more. Apparently, her boyfriend walked by her and she just followed right behind. Lead on, Walton!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a big girl! I hate we missed it - you must be so proud! I guess Hallie knows she's gonna have to be a big girl to make way for her little sister ;)