As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Brief Delay

Well, I've fibbed to both grandmothers on one day. That is probably not a good idea...especially when one of them lives a few hours away and relies on seeing her granddaughter on the blog between visits. I told them I'd have updates on the blog last night, and it didn't happen. I don't have a good excuse--except to say that I forgot. My pregnancy-brain is growing steadily worse and is sure to be followed by exhausted-new-mom brain, which offers no real hope for sanity in the near future. :) All that to say, I sincerely hope to have some pictures on the blog tonight of the Bug's Memorial Day adventures.

Thanks to the loyal readers--both of them!
Meanwhile, for any other moms of little ones reading this, I thought I'd share an excerpt from the girltalk blog (one of my every-day reads) about the play "The Miracle Worker":
Gateway for Knowledge

Most likely, you are familiar with the plot. It’s the story of Annie Sullivan’s struggle to teach the blind and deaf Helen Keller how to communicate. Initially Annie found it extremely difficult to teach Helen due to her wild and violent behavior. But then Annie had a revelatory moment. All of a sudden she realized: "Obedience is the gateway for knowledge to enter the mind." She understood that she needed to first teach Helen to obey before she could teach her knowledge.
At this point in the play I couldn’t help but think of my daughters, Nicole and Kristin. That’s what they are doing. They are attempting to train and discipline four little boys to obey so they can impart knowledge. And not just any knowledge, but the most important knowledge of all—the message of the gospel.

So to all moms with little children I desire to encourage you today. I want to cheer you on in your efforts to discipline and train your children to obey. It’s hard, exhausting work, I know. Just watching my daughters makes me tired. But it’s worth it. Because an obedient child is a receptive child. And with a receptive child you can teach them the good news, the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ. Now that’s a goal worth striving for, don’t you agree?
"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." Prov. 22.6

1 comment:

Aimee said...

you should know that you have more than two loyal readers...