As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's Rough Being a Baby

After a great vacation (and a fabulous summer, for that matter), Hallie and I started our new routines this week. I started work on Tuesday, and Hallie's first day of day care was today. Leaving her was every bit as hard as I thought it would be, and her first day of "school" didn't go so great. It turns out that her stomach wasn't feeling well, and the day care called me at work to let me know. Let me tell you--there's nothing quite like seeing the daycare on your work phone caller ID on your daughter's first day. I'm pretty sure that my stomach came up into my throat.

Anyway, we're hoping for a better report tomorrow. To quote one of the workers, "She only sleeps if she's attached to another person." All I can say is, tell me about it. My little angel likes a little--ok, a lot of--attention. And I'm pretty sure she's been anti-napping from the very beginning. :)

Please say a prayer that we'll be wise in helping her adjust very soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that tomorrow is better. I know that this is a big adjustment for your family. I'll be praying for you guys.

Duski said...

You just tell those day care teachers they better get ready to hold her a lot then! :) Seriously, Daniel and I will pray for little Hallie and for you and Jason as you get settled into a new routine. I know the Lord will give you grace for whatever He has called you to do. :)