As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Candid Camera?

Is there a hidden camera in my office?

It's my first week of work, and we had a little reception (the subtle official name is "Firm Drinks") to welcome us to the firm. Upon return to my office, I filled out a time sheet and prepared to head home. Except I can't. Because my purse was placed in the bottom left drawer of my desk, and my desk has decided to lock itself. Literally the only drawer that I can open is the top middle one, which contains helpful things like sticky notes and highlighters. It does not, however, contain my car keys.

In my exasperated insistence on remedying the situation, I yanked on every drawer. (You might even have heard a choice word or two if you were standing by my office.) As I was pulling with all my might, one of the drawer handles fell off into my hand. Then it broke. Please understand that I did not break the handle. It came off the desk in one piece and then, as I sat holding it, it spontaneously fell apart.

And so, here I sit, incredulously waiting for Hallie and Jason to come pick me up. Don't ask how I'm going to get into my desk in the morning because I haven't the slightest idea.

And anyone who needs me this evening should call my husband's phone. Mine will be locked in the bowels of my desk, ringing to no one in particular.

1 comment:

kristin sullivan said...

ok, so did you get it fixed?? i had this same thing happen to me (minus the spontaneous handle breakage) and so i have some pointers for remedying the situation (although i never really grasped how to prevent it)...let me know if you need them and hope you have a fabulous week!