As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sugar Rush

Today is my personal "Fat Tuesday." Tomorrow morning, I have a doctor's appointment, where they will test me for gestational diabetes. If I fail the test, they'll likely put me on a very restricted diet. The test is standard at 28 weeks, which is where I am in my pregnancy.

I am slightly concerned that my family history may haunt me here (read: a mother with gestational diabetes and a grandmother with diabetes). So, I've decided to ingest enough sugar today to tide me over for the next couple of months, just in case I can't have much sugar beyond tomorrow.

Thanks to my husband's Valentine's Day gift of dark chocolates, I am well on my way to a full-blown sugar high. And just maybe a Blizzard from the DQ is in order tonight...

UPDATE: I went with a humongous blue coconut slush from Sonic instead of a Blizzard...more straight sugar that way. And an added bonus: my tongue is still blue this morning.

No comments: