As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Proper Attire

Two young Christian men have compiled a modesty survey, which was taken by other Christian men online in January. The results are in, and they are interesting.

Jason and I find ourselves in more frequent conversations about modesty and appropriate attire these days...thinking of Hallie wearing some of the clothes we see around us sends a chill through her daddy's spine. I don't agree with all of the findings of the survey, and I am hesitant because of the legalism that such "rules" could engender. But I think it's helpful to think about the specifics of feminine attire and the practical application of the Biblical instruction to "dress modestly, with decency and propriety." (1 Tim. 2:9)

No comments: