As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Incoherent Update

Apologies for the slowdown in blogging activity. We have reached the point in the semester when I'm trying to read everything I've been assigned for the past four months. And somehow I did not get the memo about slacking off your last semester, since I have four finals. So, here's a lazy, comprehensive blog post:

*They charge $80 to RENT a cap and gown for graduation. That's almost as insane as the prices to rent table linens for weddings. Or the prices to rent storage units. Lesson here: Buy something in quantity and then rent it to others at a 180% rate. It's best to do it with something people feel like they have to have (like a cap and gown).

*Our puppy was born on Saturday, April 15! Mom wants us to name him W-2 because of his birthday, but we're still negotiating on the real name. We will go pick him up in south Georgia in June!

*Just to support my driving stance in February, someone had a wreck in front of our house yesterday. Why? Because they were backing into the busy street, of course! Don't worry--no one was hurt. But it did provide Reason # 11267 we were in the right during the Great Standoff. (I've been told I can hold a grudge.)


So, obviously, not much is happening here, except for the endless outlining. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Alex & Laura Beth said...

Yeah, we have to pay a $200 "graduation fee," and the office that charges this fee will not offer a breakdown of how the money is spent. I know that a cap and gown and a diploma and a graduation program cannot cost this much. Not to mention, EVERYONE has to pay it whether they walk or not. Injustice!