As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Monday, January 30, 2006

In Search of (Wo)man's Best Friend

I have spent countless hours this weekend scouring the internet for the breeder of a beautiful Bernese Mountain Dog that will come and live with us in May. I have been in love with this breed since I saw a picture of one over a year ago, a love which grew after meeting our friends' dog Jack in Oregon this summer.

Needless to say, there are many considerations in this endeavor. I have been told we do not want a dog from a "puppy factory." The problem? These breeders are thousands of miles away and therefore totally unaccountable to us for their breeding practices. They could post all manner of good things on the web and not stand behind any of them.

Nonetheless, I am undeterred and anxious to get a ball of fur of our very own. I'm sure I will update on the status at a later date.

3 comments:

PhotoReb said...

I've found the perfect dog for you!

Do the link:

http://zog.typepad.com/malaysia/monsterdogjune2005.jpg

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I have another blog to read while in Andrews' class!

I too found a dog for you, the one in the picture might have passed away but perhaps he has progeny.

http://samugliestdog.com/

Cosmic Wonder said...

I bet you could find a Burmese Mountain Dog Rescue Org. that could get you a good dog and you would not be encouraging the puppy mill types.