As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Monday, March 04, 2013

Brooks is 3!

How is it even possible that my baby is three (and looks five)??  Sigh.

Nonetheless, he is.  So, at his request, we had a Cars party for him on Saturday.  Our church let us use the fellowship hall, which was great, since my house is in shambles being moved to Tuscaloosa as I type.


So some of you may be thinking, "You pulled off a birthday party two days before you moved to a different city??"  And the answer is, No.  I did not.  I did what any sensible person would do.  I turned over the whole thing to my mom, who might as well have a degree in themed party planning.  Give the lady a theme, and prepare to be amazed.  Every piece of checkerboard, Cars paraphernalia, homemade race track, and balloon came directly from her.  

I know.  I'm lucky.


Party guests decorated their own wooden cars for the big race.







We also ran or crawled around a lot.













B blew out his candles on the Cars cake (complete with Lightning and "May-tuh," as requested).











After eating our "dipsticks," "nuts and bolts," and cake, it was time for the big race!  So we gathered around the track.





Uncle Gray's fancy double-elimination bracket pitted sister against sister...


But in the end, Hallie beat out Uncle Ted to win it all.


The competitors:


The birthday boy opened lots of great gifts--we were having a hard time picking a car to play with this morning.



He even got a new tractor to drive around our new neighborhood and terrorize the neighbors!






It was so much fun that we were worn out!


Thank you, Gigi, Grumpy, Gray, and all our wonderful party guests.  And happy birthday to my favorite 
little guy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.