As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Sunday, June 03, 2012

Palm Springs

A couple of days after we got home from the beach, I flew out to Palm Springs for a work conference while the kids played at Nana and Papa's house and Jason and Archie had a bachelor week.

In addition to attending lots of meetings, I managed to enjoy myself quite a bit.  

The airport in Palm Springs is unlike any I've ever seen.  It is mostly outdoor, and you can drive right up to the pick up/drop off spots without even getting off of a main road.  The outside of it kind of reminded me of "Catch Me if You Can," where he's sitting in the car outside the airport.


It was REALLY hot (think 102 degrees at 8 pm), but the dry heat made the evenings pretty pleasant, so I unwound by the pool and read a book one late afternoon.


I also ate quite well.  I took advantage of my solitude the first night there and ate some fabulous sushi, which would've made Jason squeamish.


The view from my room was gorgeous.  The lush resort was surrounded on all sides by mountains and desert.

We shared the resort with a lot of birds...I saw a parrot, lots of ducks, swans, and even some resident flamingos.


It's been a fun two weeks, but I am glad to be home!

And with that, I think I'm caught up.  Phew!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Hi Anita! Glad you enjoyed your time on the west coast. I had a fun girls weekend in Palm Desert (neighboring town to PS) and loved it.

Anita Kay said...

Hey, Morgan! I actually mapquested Palm Springs to San Diego just in case I could see you while I was there! (And then remembered I didn't have a rental car...) :) Hope that everything is wonderful for you!!