As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Monday, August 08, 2011

First Day Report

Today was the first day of school for my little crew in their new classes.

Brooks moved up to the Toddler room, where he is still the resident giant.  But the great part:  he has Miss Toni!  Yay!  They're going to have a great year.  He wasn't so sure about it when I left this morning but when I arrived to pick him up he was playing ball with Toni and having a great time.  He waved and yelled "bye bye" to her with a huge grin.  Seems he survived his first one-nap day...and on a cot no less!

Sara won the Most Excited Award this morning.  She's so understated with her excitement that it just cracks me up to see her giddy about something.  But that's really the word for her this morning when we entered the "big girl class" with Miss Carla, Hallie's teacher last year.  She beamed all the way over to hang up her bag, when she realized that her name was written on a purple star next to her hanger (her favorite color!), and when she "signed in" with the purple rocket ship with her name on it.  On the way home today she said, "Maybe my name will be purple tomorrow."  When I told her it would be that way all year, she just smiled that big sweet smile.  She also got to be the line leader!  A banner first day for sure.

Hallie was very excited about her new 4K class...where they will go on field trips!  She was less than thrilled that their class theme is Dr. Seuss and Cat in the Hat right now--she's not a fan.  But her class is full of really sweet kids, and her mama couldn't be happier about that (and her bag hanger is right next to the little boy that she informed me she plans to marry, so that wasn't too shabby for her either).

It's looking like another good year.  Hard to believe my babies are growing up and this time next year Hallie will be starting Big School........sigh.

No comments: