As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Brooks Hearts Hallie

As I rocked a sick Brooks to sleep tonight he kept raising his head off of my chest and calling out, "Hallie!"  I'd tell him she went "night night," and he would say "night, Hallie" and snuggle back against me.  About 30 seconds later, we'd repeat the whole scenario.  I finally laughed and asked if he wanted to go tell her "night night" and he looked at me (with an undoubted internal "Obviously, Mom") and whispered, "Yes."

So we did.  We went and hugged and kissed his sisters and he was a happy camper.

(He can't yet say "Sara," so both the girls are "Hallie" these days.  Likewise, all animals are "Archie."  He also doesn't say "Mommy"--I'd be offended except that he completely smothers me with his love.  So I'll just take the hugs instead.)

1 comment:

The Groves said...

Precious boy. HallieSara are really one person anyway, at least according to Charlie, so I guess it's okay for them both to be "Hallie."