As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Brand New Year

The Head clan started the new schoolyear yesterday, and I am pleased to report that everyone seemed to have a wonderful first day!  I've always loved the start of a new schoolyear, and I think the girls feel the same.

Hallie will be in Miss Carla's class this year, along with nine (!) other three-year-olds.  Her best friends from the past year or two aren't in her class, but I have confidence she will make a new best friend quickly.  She does know most of the children in her class, because all of the two-year-old classes played together on the playground every day last year.  And she seems taken with Miss Carla.

Sara is in Miss Malania's class this year just like Hallie was.  She is going to be learning how to use the potty, which should be very interesting.  If it's her idea, we're golden.  If not, it could be arduous.  The other day I asked Sara if she was going to start using the potty.  She nodded her head and then grinned and said, "Not yet."  So, I guess she will let us know when it's time.  

Brooks still has Miss Lakia but also gained Miss Evelyn, who had Hallie when she was in the infant room.  I couldn't be more pleased with this assignment.  Those two ladies are fabulous at loving on babies, and I can tell Brooks really loves Lakia from the past few months with her.

Both of my big girls will be taking gymnastics this year, and I am very intrigued by how Sara will do.  She's either hot or cold--and completely impenetrable by peer pressure--so it'll either be a resounding success or...not.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

The Groves said...

The mental picture of Sara doing gymnastics has me laughing out loud. I really picture her doing more modern dance or hip hop. I'm glad everybody's enjoying their new teachers.