As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Statistics

Well, we've done it again.  Brooks went for his two week checkup today (yes, he'll be three weeks tomorrow, but we're never really on the ball about these things anymore). Dr. Anderson and his nurses were truly impressed by the weight gain of our little MVP-to-be.  The nurse who did his heel stick kept saying, "You're too big to be getting a PKU test.  You're here for your regular shots, right?"  (I keep threatening to bottle my breastmilk and sell it on the internet, but I think it may contain some amount of human growth hormone or something.)

He weighed 11 lbs and half an ounce--up from 8 lbs and 3 oz at his checkup 5 days after he was born.  That's the 97th percentile.  He is perfectly proportional, though, because he is 24 inches (that's right--2 FEET!) long.  Also the 97th percentile.

His head is a bit smaller--14 3/4 inches in circumference, or the 60th percentile.  That sounds about right.  People keep saying he doesn't look like an 11 lb baby, and I think it's because his head and face are little (relatively, anyway). 

Overall, he got a very good report.  He does have a little breakout on one side of his face, but Dr. Anderson prescribed an ointment that should have him looking like his dapper self in no time.  He's had a few fussy nights in a row, so I am crossing my fingers maybe he'll have a better night tonight.  So far it's not looking good, but I'm hopeful anyway.

I am quite smitten with my laid back little man.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm NOT over how BIG Brooks is, that's seriously amazing!

Duski said...

Umm...yeah...John was 11 lbs. at his 2 MONTH check up!!! WOW!!! We see Dr. Anderson, too! We love him. Greenvale Hoover, right?

Adrienne McCaslin said...

He is adorable! If it makes you feel any better, just remember that my sweet little Caroline weighed 11 lb 14 oz AT BIRTH!!!!!!!!