As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Friday, December 11, 2009

What She MEANT To Say...

Last night, Hallie was "reading" us the Christmas story beside a little nativity set we have. It was so sweet, and she accurately told me that Mary and Joseph rode the donkey to Bethlehem. I was very impressed with my little girl...and then she told me that "Baby Jesus was boring." Thinking I misunderstood, I asked her to repeat that part of the story, and she looked at me seriously and said again, "and then Baby Jesus was boring." It took me a minute to realize that she thought she was saying BORN.

So, if you get Hallie's version of the Christmas story, try not to be offended by the boring Baby Jesus segment. It's not quite what she means.

1 comment:

The Groves said...

That's hilarious! I love that she knows the story of Baby Jesus. Sweet girl