As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Storytime

When I dropped off the girls today, Hallie's teacher greeted her with, "Hey there, Bossy Lady." Grinning, she said to me, "Oh, I have to tell you what she did yesterday." (I never know where it's going when she starts a story that way...)
While in the Activity Room at school yesterday, Hallie found a Thomas the Tank Engine book. Coincidentally, her Gigi gave her a train book for Christmas that she really likes. So, she picked up the book and went to the first page. Reading to herself, she looked at the pages and narrated, "choo choo choo choo..." Then, she went over to Miss Toni and held the book up so Miss Toni could see the picture on that page (when Miss Toni did not look immediately, she took Miss Toni's chin and pointed it to the book). After Miss Toni responded appropriately, Hallie took the book around to each of her friends and showed them the picture. Then she flipped to the next page and "read" from it, saying "choo choo choo choo." And then she showed everyone the picture on that page. This continued until she finished the book.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm lauging out loud in clinic! She's YOU!!!
A hundred bucks says that at some point during college she walks into some random girl's room and informs her she's moving in.