As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Words, Words, Words

Dr. Anderson asked me yesterday how many words Hallie could say. I couldn't begin to count them, so I just told him 25. It seems I greatly underestimated my little talker (who, by the way, said the word "No" all the way to school today). So, here are Hallie's Top 25 Words, the ones she says the most, the clearest, and most often in context.
1. Thanks
2. baby
3. good girl
4. eye
5. purple
6. Joe and John Paul (school friends)
7. school
8. yay!
9. cookie
10. jacket
11. bag
12. bow
13. go
14. bar
15. car
16. bubble
17. bath
18. shoes
19. spoon
20. Archie
21. yogurt
22. apple
23. bib
24. bottle
25. uh-oh
She also names most of her family members. :)
UPDATE: It has been brought to my attention that I may need to clarify: "bar" is in reference to her granola bars, which she enjoys for breakfast.
UPDATE: In response to some grumblings that "woof woof," "wa-wa" and "moo" may not count as words, I have amended the list.

2 comments:

The Groves said...

Very impressive! So is she really saying "bow" now or is it still coming out as "mow"? Because I think that's much cuter.

Heather said...

ANITA!! I cannot believe you are teaching her to say "bar" at such a young age!!!