As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Update, Part Deux

This baby girl's 5th birthday is today! 


Which means I need to clean off my camera card in preparation for her makeover birthday party this weekend.  'Cause if that's not a good reason for major picture-taking I don't know what is!

So, here is that same girlie graduating from Pre-K a couple of months ago.  I'm going to post a couple of videos from the program in a bit, one of which makes me laugh and the other makes me a big puddle of goo.  And for those of you who can't get enough Sara-graduation-cuteness (here's looking at you, Gigi), I have a whole lot more videos than your average blog-reader cares to see.  Ask to view them when you have a while!


Getting her "diploma" from Miss Diana.

Nana and Papa came down for graduation!



Sara gave her teachers orchids to thank them for a great year of preschool.


With Miss Tammy and Miss Diana...




The very next day was Hallie's 6th birthday!  I've already posted pictures from her friend-party, but here are a few from the official Birthday Morning doughnut breakfast on the Birthday Plate, our little family tradition.




The last gift she opened was a bike helmet.  So we went on a search for the bike that could go with it...


Which was hidden in Mommy's closet.


Which, as it turns out, is not a scenic spot for a photo shoot.  I believe I'll hide gifts elsewhere from now on...




We left that same day for the beach.  I have posted my iPhone pictures from our annual beach trip with the Heads, but I have a few on my camera as well.  One morning of the trip we went to the pavillion at Seaside to attempt some family photos and then eat lunch at Bud & Alley's.  Not sure any of our photos are prize-winners, but a few of them are pretty cute nonetheless.

















The Sunday after we got home from the beach, Jake was baptized at AVPC!  Obviously we couldn't miss that.  Steve Whitner did a great job with the baptism, and Jake was his charming self.












I mean, really.  How cute is he?





This month, we got to host the Manlys and Dawsons for the 4th of July.  It was a rainy 4th, so we didn't get to do a lot of swimming as planned, but we ate some barbecue, watched (some of) 1776, and called it a success.  I'm going to post Gigi's pics from this get-together as well.





Even the kids' table was a little festive.  :)






Melissa, Austin, A.J., and Uncle Ted spent the night with us, so our remaining group headed to the pool the next morning.


Hallie is very into self-portraits these days...




"Helping" A.J.  He's so lucky to have such...helpful...older cousins!


You can never be too safe in the water...




These two always have a project going.






Sunbathing.


A little more self-photography.


Including her snaggletoothedness.


This morning, we had our Birthday Doughnut Breakfast for Sara Bee, and she opened a few gifts.




She got a big-girl backpack, since she'll be going to big school in the fall (!!!).


So Hallie went and got her matching one so they could pose together, of course.



I think, with the exception of some of Gigi's photos and a couple of graduation videos, that brings us up to date!  Woohoo!

No comments: