As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

More Stats and a Flustered Mommy

Sara went for her four-month checkup today. She was a great sport, even in spite of the shots. She weighs 17 pounds, 7.5 ounces (97th percentile) and is 26 inches long (90th percentile). (We don't really do petite at our house.) Her head circumference is in the 50th percentile--although I will note they measure the top of the head, and not around those cute chunky cheeks.
Dr. Anderson said she looked great. He was, however, quite amused when he talked about Sara teething and asked me when Hallie got her first tooth. I looked at him like he had a third eye and said, "I don't know." He pointed out that it wasn't really very long ago and pretended to scratch me off his list of candidates for Mother of the Year. (This was also after he watched me drop Sara's blanket on the ground on our way in and then put it back on her and then witnessed me leave her with the nurse to go back to my car to get her diaper bag.)
Look, it's been a long year and a half, ok?

4 comments:

Aimee said...

You cover the tall/average and we'll cover the petite. Sorry about your trip. Sadly, we all have days like that :( Odds are, you'll be laughing about it in a week. We miss you!

Ballentine said...

You have two babies under two years old. You are an attorney. That qualifies for Mother of the Year in my book!

The Groves said...

Are you supposed to remember when they cut their first tooth? I need to start making notes so I will be prepared...Glad Sara is doing well. Love you!

Heather said...

Whatever!!Like he EVER did anything close to being pregnant for l8 months out of 22, birthing 2 babies in 2 years, and being an attorney while taking care of 2 infants!