As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big Girl Rooms, Update

Well, apparently the day went off without a hitch yesterday (at least until Jason picked up the girls and attempted to take them to Publix, which is an entirely different story). Hallie's teacher informed us that Hallie kept asking for pull-ups, which is weird since she's never even worn one before. But the new little girl in her class is potty-trained, so our pride may be kicking in a little. The teacher thinks H is ready for potty training because, in her words, "that girl has too much sense."

Toni said that Sara had a wonderful day yesterday, although she did tell Jason that once during the day Hallie yelled from across the hall, "Sara crying, Toni." SUCH a helper. She said that Sara was falling asleep at the lunch table, which is right before the noon nap time. Poor little thing. But they say she napped on the napper, so I'd call it a success.

This morning didn't go quite so well for Sara, who decided to throw the type of red-faced fit that only my Sara can throw. By the time I left the school, Toni had laid her on a mat and walked away, slightly amused by how just how mad she was for no reason. Toni was digging for a pacifier in Sara's bag, which I only hope calmed the craziness.

But this morning went fabulous for Hallie. We went to Sara's room first to drop her off, and while I was putting Sara in her room, Hallie just walked on over to her new room and went in and started playing. I kind of panicked when I turned around and she was gone, but then I saw her playing with her friends across the hall. She told me to "have good daaaaay" and I left.

So, I think 50/50 isn't too bad for the second day of the schoolyear. And I have no doubt that Toni will prevail in Sara's little world and they will get along great.

No comments: